by Lawrence J. J. Leonard
Some books on the Must Read list have titles that lend themselves to really good food and drink. We may have even played with a title or two in secret.
No reason to be shy about that here.
It’s just as much of a challenge to have a go at the authors.
Could this be a good time for a dose of simethicone?
Through the magical powers of Catachresis, Holorime, Mondegreen, Eggcorn and Paraprosdokian writing, I bring you the Best in CRASS of Literary Gastronomy!
Please enjoy this repast of good
- War and Peas – Leo Toastoy
- Quiche 22 – Joseph Challa
- Lord of the Pies – William Shrimp Ding
- Animal Flan – Porridge Orwell
- The Lion, the Witch, and the Waldorf Salad – Sea Bass Lewis
- Of Mice and Menudo – John Zimsterne Beck
- Pride and Prune Juice – Jane Sauce-Tenderloin
- Crimini and Punishment- Fish Chowder Dostoevsky
- Oliver Twix – Charles “Spotted” Dickens
- The Last of the Mojitos – James Fennel Cooper
- The Count of Monte Crisco – Alexandre Dumascarpone Cheesecake
- 50 Shades of Grapes – Eel “Soup” James
- The Bun Also Rises – Ernest Heming Whey
- The Malteser Falcon – Dashiell Ham Melt
- The Rime of the Ancient Marinara – Samuel Taylor Coleslaw
- So long and thanks for all the fishcakes – Douglas Ada Pradhaman
- Waiting for Go’Donut by Samuel Biscuit
- The Divinci Cod – Dan Brownies
- A Beef History of Thyme – Stephen Haw-King Cake
So, who are the tastiest of Authors and their works?
- War and Peace – Leo Tolstoy
- Catch-22 – Joseph Heller
- Lord of the Flies – William Golding
- Animal Farm – George Orwell
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe – C. S. Lewis
- Of Mice and Men – John Steinbeck
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Crime and Punishment – Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Oliver Twist, or The Parish Boy’s Progress – Charles Dickens
- The Last of the Mohicans: A Narrative of 1757 – James Fenimore Cooper.
- The Count of Monte Cristo – Alexandre Dumas
- Fifty Shades of Grey – E. L. James
- The Sun Also Rises – Earnest Hemingway
- The Maltese Falcon – Dashiell Hammett
- The Rime of the Ancient Mariner – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish – Douglas Adams
- Waiting for Godot – Samuel Beckett
- The Divinci Code – Dan Brown
- A Brief History of Time – Stephen Hawking
Let me know if you have a favorite or if I missed any.
Copyright © 1960-2016 Lawrence J. J. Leonard All rights reserved.