by Lawrence J. J. Leonard
I have lived for myself and lived for us two.
Love was a journey and then came you.
All the advice I ever got said:
“Love is in the heart,
while choice is in the head.”
Sometimes I was not able to choose what to say
or what my love should have heard day to day.
There was so much joy my life was supposed to bring, but
I stepped into your pain, my old attitude.
Today I choose to abandon you in every way.
Now, there is no such thing as:
- Memories of our one-sided friendship
- Your living in my head
- Forgetting how selfish you are
- All my good works being unappreciated
- A day without my confident smile
- My value ever being ignored.
I have a new attitude.
Copyright © 1960-2015 Lawrence J. J. Leonard All rights reserved.