by Lawrence J. J. Leonard
These are famous phrases by famous people
and I offer them to you with nouveau twists.
1. Everything happens for a reason. (Old Norse proverb)
For every reason a thing happens.
2. Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it. (Confucius)
Everyone has beauty. See it? But it’s not everything.
3. God heals, and the doctor takes the fees. (Benjamin Franklin)
God heals the doctor AND takes the fees.
4. If you chase two rabbits, you will lose them both. (Native American proverb)
Two rabbits will chase you if you lose your will.
5. Love is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. (H. L. Mencken)
Intelligence is Love, the triumph of Imagination.
6. Only the educated are free. (Epictetus)
Free the educated with labor.
7. Politics is more difficult than physics. (Albert Einstein)
Physics is more than difficult politics.
8. The life which is unexamined is not worth living. (Socrates)
Living with the unexamined soul is worth Life in Prison.
9. The wisest men follow their own direction. (Euripides)
The wisest direction is to follow your own men and women.
10. We cannot learn without pain. (Aristotle)
Learn pain without me.
11. You must be the change you want to see in the world. (Mahatma Gandhi)
You must change your world to see the world.
Okay, so I took This to heart and this is how I expressed it.
Copyright © 1960-2015 Lawrence J. J. Leonard All rights reserved.