By Lawrence J. J. Leonard
How may I do my best every day? Follow these simple steps:
- Turn it off. Only critics can get paid for TV, movies, and text watching. You and I succeed when we leave the room and set our minds, hands, and hearts on preparation, thinking, and doing.
- Read 10 minutes each day. Reading quiets the soul. You can learn more from reading a printed book than from a celebrity magazine.
- Write 10 minutes each day. Write about what? Write about you – but not the Facebook type of update. How many times did you go outside then wash your hands? Not even you care about that! Clarify your thoughts and ideas in writing.
- Call people you love — and tell them you love them. Love is inspiration.
- The early bird does not get the worm. Wake up early. The early bird makes the money to buy worms to make fishing profitable.
- Love the work? Love it, or leave it for something fulfilling.
- Remember that ‘no’ for all good works is neither objection nor rejection. It is only a ‘not yet.’ Get a second opinion if you don’t get why you were told ‘no.’
- Gain an attitude of positive acceptance. We don’t tolerate cancer, so don’t get confused if you are called intolerant. You can accept people where they are, just do not accept their rules for your life.
- Want to waste energy? Be angry. Anger blocks positive thought. Use your upset energy to let someone know what is happening. Communicate and don’t just complain.
- When you don’t know, act on that instinct to learn. How many languages do you speak? How many books have you read? What’s the definition of ___?
- See how good you are? Tell yourself how good you can be. Adjust where necessary.
You are worth it. IT IS JUST THAT SIMPLE
Copyright © 1960-2015 Lawrence J. J. Leonard All rights reserved.