What AM I going to miss when I finally leave the surly bonds of Earth?
I can tell you what I am NOT going to miss.
I am not going to miss:
- Answering the phone at 11:00 p.m. and having the Asian guy on the other end ask for Juanita
- Doing the dishes after cooking Jimmy Dean’s sausage
- Sitting in a non-smoking section and having the smoking section one table over
- Driving behind discourteous women drivers and dangerous one-handed men drivers
- Worrying about bacteria on escalator rails and grocery push carts
- Returning to a store when I’ve been overcharged for an item
- Losing my keys
- Being too lazy to brush my teeth before I go to bed
- Waiting in a doctor’s office – for any reason
- Biting my nails
- Missing one more sunset
- Barking dogs at 4:00 a.m.
- Fighting politicians
- – and the other oxymoron – Constructive Criticism
- Wondering if my siblings were taught to “lord over me” – or was it a choice?
- Physical pain
- Body odor
- Little threads that pop out of the seams after washing a new garment
- Stubbing my toes
- Twisting my ankles
- Religious people who quarrel, gossip, and mock
- Supporting unfair taxing and social security systems
- Lazy Hollywood producers who use violence and gratuitous sex to cover their blatant lack of talent from behind and in front of the lens
- Not knowing who killed all those children
- Hurting someone’s feelings
- Yelling for no reason
- Tracking in mud on my new carpet
- Not helping people because I was too scared to ask
- Not doing good anyway
- Speeding to work
- Overdue library books
- Waiting on a library list.
I will miss you, I think.
Copyright © 1960-2015 Lawrence J. J. Leonard All rights reserved.